Calling all dancers…
Are you aged between 16-25yrs old? Do you want the opportunity to train and perform as part of the company working with some of the UK’s top choreographers?
Yes? Then read on…
If you are tired of dancing in your bedroom and are ready to get back to the studio, train with the best and meet some new friends: Wac Arts wants you!
With the help of some incredible guest choreographers, we will give you weekly training sessions that encompass technique development, performance skills and choreo tasks, taking your creativity and choreography to a whole new level. As a welcome back gift we’re giving 6 weeks of dance training for free.
We’re holding a taster class on Sunday 6 June where you’ll experience the styles on offer and the dance studio set up. From Sunday 13 June till Sunday 18 July we will give you weekly 3 hour classes to have fun, learn and train with the best.
We have only 30 spaces available for the taster so if you’re interested book yourself a place by 30 May. We’ll allocate spaces on 2 June for the taster session and from this open taster will be selecting 15 dancers to go onto the free training programme. At this stage we’re looking for passion and potential – we’ll do the training.
Wac Arts celebrates diversity so we welcome dancers from all backgrounds, dance styles and levels of experience. Our only requirement is that you’re an independent learner.
We’ll be announcing our Guest Artistic Directors soon so keep an eye on our socials.
Taster Class Details
Date: Sunday 6 June
Time: Session 1: 12 – 1.15 pm (15 spaces) Session 2: 2pm – 3.15pm (15 spaces)
Venue: Wac Arts, The Old Town Hall, 213 Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, London NW3 4QP
Deadline to Book: 30 May 2021
Term Dates: 12 June – 18 July 2021
To book your place, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name, age, telephone number and if you have any access needs.
- Dancers should arrive 15mins before their taster session to register in person
- Latecomers will not be permitted
- You need to wear comfortable loose clothing…NO Jeans, shoes etc.
- Bring water with you.
- You must be available to commit to all the Sunday sessions.
- Those who get invited on the programme will start on Sunday 13 June 1pm – 4pm and sessions will be every Sunday till 18 July.
- Wac Arts Dance Company get invited to perform at professional venues and events – you must be committed to performing at these.
- Age guidelines: Wac Arts gives priority to dancers who are in the correct age range, but if we have space, we would love to meet you. If you are above or below the age range, please contact us directly to place your name on a waiting list. We will be in touch with you closer to the time should there be availability
- All styles, backgrounds are welcome and you can be studying dance, performing arts to be eligible to be on the training course.
- Applicants will be chaperoned by Wac Arts staff for the full duration of the taster and the training sessions. Due to social distancing procedures, Parents/Guardians will not be able to enter the studio at this time