As we enter the new academic year, Wac Arts is excited to announce that the Independent Living Hub is back! Situated at the state of the art Greenwood Centre in Kentish Town, the Independent Living Hub offers the opportunity to those aged 14-25 with SEND sessions to help them prepare for adulthood and independent living.
About the service:
The Independent Living Hub aims to help young people to:
- Overcome challenges they might come across on a day-to-day basis and develop skills to navigate relationships
- Express themselves, including writing their own lyrics and creating new music
- Explore what their future could be, create their CV and find new opportunities
- Connect with other young people, collaborate and share their experiences in a safe and welcoming space.
The sessions are open to all young people who fit the eligibility criteria across a range of needs. Activities will be adapted as required.
*Download the full programme here.
The Greenwood Centre, 37 Greenwood Place, NW5 1LB. Tube: Kentish Town, Northern Line. Bus: 214.
Sessions occur termtime…
- Tuesdays 4pm-7pm
- Fridays 4pm-7pm
- Saturdays 11am-3pm
|Week||Week 1 w/c 4th Sept||Week 2 w/c 11th Sept||Week 3 w/c 18th Sept||Week 4 w/c 25th Sept||Week 5 w/c 2nd Oct||Week 6 w/c 9th Oct||Week 7 w/c 16th Oct||HALFTERM||Week 8 w/c 30th Oct||Week 9 w/c 6th Nov||Week 10 w/c 13th Nov||Week 11 w/c 20th Nov||Week 12 w/c 27th Nov||Week 13 w/c 4th Dec||Week 14 w/c 11th Dec||Week 15 w/c 18th Dec|
|Theme||Travel||Food||Self Care||Staying Safe Online||Keeping Fit||CV Writing||Sign Posting||Budgeting||Staying Safe at Home||Keeping Fit||Food||The Future||Self Care||Potential Trip out on Bus?||New Year Goals|
|NO FRIDAY SESSION||NO FRIDAY SESSION|
- Disabled young people aged 14 to 25 who receive one-to-one community-based Short Breaks, or one-to-one support worker for ages 18 plus, or where their family receives Direct Payments.
- Young people will need to be accompanied by their own existing one-to-one support worker, provided through Short Breaks, Direct Payments or Camden Children and Young People Disability Service (CYPDS). The service does not provide additional one-to-one support.
- Contact us using the details on the back of this leaflet to discuss your child’s needs and if this service is right for them.
- Or please ask a professional to make a referral if you need support.
What happens next?
- We will find out more about how best to support your child by asking you to complete a registration form.
- You and your child will be invited to an introductory visit to show you around the Greenwood Centre and to get to know your child’s needs better.
- We can accept existing paperwork held by another provider if you give consent for them to share with us.
- Once you have registered with the service, you (or your child’s support worker) can book activity sessions with us via phone or email. This includes a drop-in facility for those who would like to access part of the service due to number of hours allocated to the sessions, or would be interested in a specific session being offered.
How to apply
Please complete the registration form below to secure your place!
*This project is funded through the Department for Education’s Short Breaks Innovation Fund until March 2024.