Salary: £18,000- £20,000 per annum (pro rata)
Duration: 6 months, possibly moving to permanent.
Hours: 30 hours per week, normally between 9am and 4pm.
This is a customer facing role providing technical support to staff, teachers and students of Wac Arts and Wac Arts College. You will be issuing equipment, helping with set-up of classes and meetings, and ensuring that basic technical requirements are in place to provide an effective and efficient service. You will have an interest in working with young people and an enthusiasm for and experience in delivering great customer service. Applicants will require an enhanced DBS check.
As a member of Wac Arts ICT and Media team, the postholder will:
- be the first point of contact for technical and equipment enquiries and needs for Wac Arts College.
- provide basic IT support to staff, teachers and students of both Wac Arts and Wac Arts College.
- to assist in the development of the ICT and Media team, with the aim of improving services to both Wac Arts and Warts Arts College.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that equipment (laptops, projectors, sound systems etc) is properly prepared, in place and set up to facilitate lessons, events and meetings.
- To support staff and students in lessons, meetings and presentations on the use of laptops, projectors, sound systems etc, and to demonstrate equipment and techniques where necessary.
- To liaise regularly with staff and students to identify technical problems and requirements for programmes and activities, and to ensure that the service is best meeting their need.
- To clean, check and otherwise maintain equipment to a proper standard, including health and safety requirements, making sure that problems are brought to the attention of the Creative and Digital Media Officer.
- To check fault logs and undertake minor repairs of and modifications to equipment where necessary.
- To log and keep records of all customer calls and to analyse these logs to spot common problems and issues.
- To assist in developing ‘self help’ manuals to help customers with common problems.
- To set up proper systems for checking out and checking back equipment to users, making sure that equipment is properly stored and secure when not used.
- To maintain records on the equipment and its use, monitoring stock levels.
- To perform basic IT duties such as installing printers, changing toners and basis photocopier maintenance.
- To undertake other support work, such as archiving students’ work and helping students where appropriate with data analysis.
- To support the Creative and Digital Media Officer in the delivery of his/her work and the development of the service as a whole.
CV’s and covering letters, setting out how you meet the requirements of the post, should be sent to:
Tobi Forsdyke at Tobi.Forsdyke@WacArts.co.uk
(please quote ‘Technical Support Officer’ in the subject).