Job Title: Hires and Events Coordinator
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000, depending on experience
Duration: Permanent (3 month probationary period)
Working Hours: 35 hours per week flexitime
Reports to: The Head of Events
Liaison with: Heads of Department, External Clients, Building Services Team, external caterers; all external and internal clients in order to ensure smooth running of the multi-functional spaces.
Wac Arts mission is to lift generation after generation of young people empowering them with the life skills that only the arts can offer; with a commitment to those who face barriers to opportunity. Our ambition is to enable three times the number of young people to experience the transformational effect of Wac Arts by 2021, whilst extending our rich heritage of participation to an ever-widening audience.
To support the generation of an annual income in excess of £700,000 from the effective management of the room booking and resources available for external and internal hires. To assist in the efficient operation of the front line services to public, staff, resident groups and other internal and external users of our premises. To manage the bookings of space and running of events to ensure optimum capacity and usage is achieved. To promote and coordinate all bookings and events in an efficient manner and to ensure the income for the charity is protected. Along with the Front of House Supervisor, to coordinate and have overall responsibility for the management of all events (and attend larger functions in the role of Events Manager) in order to maintain customer service and adherence to standards.
All of the Wac Arts staff team are proud to promote the Wac Arts brand and our values in all work undertaken and communications made. We would love for you to have an interest in the Arts, Education, Youth and Community Engagement and to be a part of our vision to make Wac Arts the creative and cultural hub of North London.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To receive requests for bookings and manage occasional events
- To act a key administrator for the Artifax booking system and control the booking process from initial enquiry, through confirmation, invoicing, payment and safe operation of the booking or event(s), including overseeing the management of the team managing the hires
- To help maximise income potential from all Wac Arts hires
- To hold a personal licence for the provision of alcohol
- To help enhance the reputation of Wac Arts as a venue to hire
- To attend and/or arrange alternative management for events to ensure their smooth running and compliance with our standards including compliance with any legislation and the terms and conditions of hire
- To chair the weekly operations meeting
- To help provide an events management service
- To assist the Building Services team with the smooth running of the building
- To liaise with the Wac Arts programming team and internal resident groups to manage the annual / academic bookings ensuring appropriate and optimum usage of the various spaces
- To ensure that all financial data related to venue hire is accurate and well-managed including the inputting of data, the raising of invoices and the timely oversight of credit control
- To liaise with Wac Arts colleagues in all relevant departments and with external contractors to ensure the successful delivery of hires
- To ensure due processes are followed according to organisational recommendations
- To help to resolve any day-to-day operational issues that may affect the delivery of hires
- Analyse the usage of the building spaces and work closely with the Head of Events to maximise the usage of underused areas/facilities/times
- To oversee the production of daily and weekly venue schedules
- To help working in support the development team with fund raising events and initiatives
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the line manager
- Experience of administrating an IT based booking or room allocation system
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with a methodical approach and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with a wide range of people and the ability to communicate positively with Wac Arts key stakeholders
- Previous experience in dealing with the public in a customer focussed environment to ensure a high quality service is maintained
- Knowledge and experience of managing events
- Sound experience of working closely with a small team
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles and financial management systems
- Ability to negotiate effectively both internally and externally
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills in all media and at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as effectively within a team
- A DBS check will be compulsory
- To have awareness of child protection issues
- Previous experience with Artifax
- Marketing and publicity knowledge
- A personal licence (Alcohol)
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 27th April 2018
Download the full job description.
Wac Arts is an equal opportunities employer and actively promotes diversity in the staff team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We run a building which has accessible facilities such as parking, wheelchair access including lifts, ramps and accessible toilets. Please let us know if you need more support with your application or need a different format.
Charity No: 267043