Wac Arts are delighted to be able to tell you that we are one of the three projects who have been awarded full project funding for their chosen project!
Thank you so much for your votes!
This funding means we can extend our work with young people with mild to moderate learning disabilities, to help them combat social isolation, and lead healthier, safer and more independent lives.
The money was to fund an extension to the project that Awards 4 All had already funded, and the outcomes of this enhanced programme will be:
• Improved quality of life for all participants involved
• Increased social networks for those who are at risk of social isolation
• Learning of new skills, including creative and independent living skills
• The benefit of positive experiences through creative and leisure activities
• Young people are supported in communicating their views, concerns and feelings about their services and their lives
“Our son of 24 has joined Wac Arts over 18s Creative Healthy Living group after years of trying to find somewhere which is inclusive and positive about disability and marginalised groups.”
“It’s wicked and loads of fun and jokes. I used to be shy but the project has built my confidence, it’s like my family the staff are so helpful.”
This is excellent news and again thank you for your support!