A Practical Musicianship tutor is required for the Wac Arts Professional Diploma in Musical Theatre. The successful candidate will hold a BMus or recognised music teaching diploma and have proficient keyboard skills.
The post runs between September 2017-May 2018 and includes the following responsibilities:
- Teaching musical literacy to beginners and improvers (rhythm, melody, notation, key and time signatures and score terminology)
- Teaching sight-singing, aural training and listening skills across all 3 year groups
- Teaching advanced musicianship skills where appropriate
- Attending tutor and Diploma team meetings at the beginning of each term
- Preparing student feedback reports at the end of each term
- Conducting final assessments in May 2018
The Practical Musicianship tutor will work closely and collaboratively with the Head of Singing in order to develop the musicianship curriculum and to ensure student progress.
In the first instance please contact the Diploma Administrator Gary Grant with your CV and expression of interest – Gary.Grant@WacArts.co.uk. Deadline 11th August.